Sarah has an in-depth knowledge of the EU institutions, having worked closely with members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and key European Commission officials for many years.
Sarah offers consultancy expertise in:
“She is very knowledgeable about the EU and was asked by UNFPA to write a handbook on EC funding for population and reproductive health programmes.”
Example: EU expertise
Sarah is very familiar with the EU institutions, in particular the European Parliament and European Commission. Key achievements include :
- Setting up the European Parliament Working Group on Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Development.
- Overseeing the secretariat services to the EP Working Group.
- Writing a guide to the EU and its support for population and reproductive health programmes, with financial support from UNFPA.
- Co-writing an updated handbook on EC support for population and reproductive health programmes, described on the Europa website as "essential reading".
- Establishing the Brussels-based office for a major international NGO.
- Designing and leading workshops aimed at building civil society capacity to engage effectively with the EU, understand EU policy and access grants.